Ramadan Kareem My Foodies!
Over the weekend I have attended the Iftar Menu Launch of Signature, a venture associated with renowned celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor. The event was organised by very charming host Jivewithdeepti & Signature by Sanjeev Kapoor at Melia Hotel,Dubai. I was so delighted to meet some amazing fellow Dubai bloggers. Good food with good company – An absolute treat!!!!
Signature by Sanjeev Kapoor is a fine dining restaurant that serves Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s authentic Indian and signature dishes.Their menu have lots of exciting classic and exotic recipes with modernized & simplified adaption on traditional Indian dishes. Signature Chef Chandra Chur Chamoli & team had prepared a very inviting iftar set menu with veg & non-veg option. It was a scrumptious Indian food feast- A real treat to your palate.
Over to what we devoured ;
- Pani Puri Shots (I LOVED IT) – Golgappa is the most loved street snack in India. The seek for best Pani Puri in Dubai will just end at this spot. It was so delicious & the presentation added the visual appeal too. I absolutely savored it with a happy soul forever loving the Pani Puris from Signature. Ahh I’m not even exaggerating – You have to try to know it
- Amuse Bouch – Mango compote sphere that will blast in your mouth with explosion of flavors. It was well balanced with tangy & Sweetness and it act as palate cleanser.
- Arabic cold mezze platter consisting of Hummus, Mutabbal & Tabouleh.
- Assorted Fruits & Dry fruits platter.
- Pappad ,Chutneys & pickles ( A must have in Indian cuisine).
Beautifully presented & so palatable starter portion . I have opted for non-veg platter & it comprises of;
- Saffron Scented Prawn – The juiciness of prawn as I bit into it , has made it one of my favorite starter. It was cooked beautifully without overpowering with saffron flavor.
- Olive & Nuts Stuffed Chicken Roulade – I particularly loved the stuffing & tenderness of the chicken from this dish. Indian chutneys on side, it will elevate the flavor of it.
- Sumac Spiked Grilled Fish – Yet another my favorite & most loved starter. I loved the texture & flavor play! The fish was very soft (unlike other grills) with balanced sumac flavoring.
- Charcoal Roast Lamb Chop – Probably it was not one of the best starter I have had from this spot (may be it’s just me) However the meat was cooked to perfection with tenderness & flavors.
Main Course – Dum Ka Murg, Kabuli Chana Gosht, Wok Tossed Baby Potatoes , Cherry Tomato and Cauliflower & Lalla Mussa Dal accompanied with Chicken biriyani & assorted bread.
The main course couldn’t impress my palate much. The dishes that stood out were;
- Lalla Mussa Dal – I have been hearing everyone raving about it & I must say this spot has managed to nail the infamous Dal Makani recipe, making it probably the best Dal Makhani I have had. A very rich and creamy base lentils curry which went perfectly well with Khurmi Naan- A delicious combination.
- Kabuli Chana Gosht – The lamb was cooked beautifully with Chickpea. It was the first of this combination i have tried & it tastes amazing.
- Cherry Tomato & Cauliflower – I loved the texture of this curry-perfect blend of crunchiness of cauliflower & the juiciness of cherry tomatoes.The cauliflower was cooked perfectly (yes it wasn’t overcooked). It tasted wholesome.
The dessert trolley comprises of – Mahalabia, Phirnee, Chenna Angoori, Malpua & Gajar Ka Halwa.
The iftar feast was ended with this beautiful spread of Assorted desserts. Most of them tested brillant ,however the Chenna Angoori was my favorite – I’m carving for for it now -sent me some please! 😭😭
They also serves some fancy sheesha with interesting flavors like Pina Colada & much more . They have a somking area where you can do sheesha while dinning. That was a hit in sheesha lovers.
I thoroughly enjoyed the evening. The iftar feast was very decent affair with hit & miss dishes & impeccable hospitality. At pricing 149 AED per person, you may want to consider this spot to try their Iftar feast.
For Reservations contact Signature by Sanjeev Kapoor on 043868111